- 8 slices angel food cake
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 strawberries, slices
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup nutella, warmed slightly in the microwave
- Whipped Cream
Heat a cast-iron pan or griddle to medium heat. Spread the butter onto both sides of each slice of shortcake. Toast the angel food cake on the heated griddle until golden brown. Spread warmed nutella on top of toasted angel food cake, top with strawberries and bananas, a second slice of angel food cake, then top with whipped cream and a few more strawberries and bananas. Serve immediately.
I am chilling with an almost empty jar of Nutella and a spoon. And I hate that I’m running out of Nutella.
Nutella Marshmallow Pizza!
We’ve hijacked Italian pizza and turned it into a chocolate pizza! :s
Is this why in Europe we Americans are so beloved? We’re geniuses I tell ya! geniuses! Who else would come up with a chocolate/candy/marshmallow/nuts pizza?! :D :x xD
- 2 t. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 c. chocolate-hazelnut spread such as Nutella
- 1/2 c. good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- optional, chopped nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans work great)
- 1/2 cup luke warm tap water
- 1 envelope dry yeast (Red Star works best)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T. granulated sugar (if using this dough for savory pizza, substitute 1 tsp. honey)
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 T. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the bowl (for savory pizza, I grease my bowl with olive oil)
**My Tip: They sell pre-made pizza dough at your supermarket! Just add the sweets and pop in in the oven!
** You can add any candy toppings you like, but some don’t do too well in the oven. for example M&Ms are best added AFTER the pizza is taken out of the oven cuz the M&m colors/shell will melt. In other words don’t put any candy in the oven with the dough! Just the chocolate and marshmallows goes in with the dough and it’s only for a few minutes till it melts! Then you can add the rest of the candy later
Need more help? Contact me @thecakebar I love to help!
Ah, a recipe involving nutella and I have an unopened jar of nutella at home. ^_^
That reminds me: Once my class lets out, it’s straight home I go for some nutella on crackers.